My regular teachers usually hold class in the dance room of the local rec center, and they generally have leaders advance around around the circle of followers with each new song. When my latest tango crush arrived back at me, over by the ballet mirrors, after the first circuit of the room, I remarked, with a smile, "Haven't I seen you at this barre before?"
Sadly, my wit seemed lost on him at the time. (He seemed to be concentrating on the giro we were supposed to be working on. Whatever.) But at the previous milonga, I had cracked up a pair of fellow dancers with a rapid-fire string of puns on the other girl's area of studies, in the hopes of helping her relax about a major upcoming deadline, at least for the duration of the milonga. (It seemed to work.)
Do not let Saint Peter Host your Milonga!
-
-
Saint Peter is the Host who greats you at the Pearly Gates--supposedly.
But you don't want to have someone like Pete hosting your ...
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment