Through his interpreter, he tells our class that the secret to good leading is to embrace the follower as though she is the most beautiful woman in the world--someone like Marilyn Monroe, perhaps.
Now he holds out his hand to his wife, and she steps forward to take the embrace. As he holds her, he sighs theatrically and says in his own, heavily accented English, "Ah, Marilyn! At last I have found you!"
We all laugh, and he kisses her cheek as the music starts.
Do not let Saint Peter Host your Milonga!
-
-
Saint Peter is the Host who greats you at the Pearly Gates--supposedly.
But you don't want to have someone like Pete hosting your ...
2 weeks ago
I <3 this so much. The mental image is clear, and I have an urge to share it with everyone I know. :)
ReplyDeleteWhy, thank you, my dear!
ReplyDelete